Have you made something with my beads??

If you're a crafter or artist and have created something unique with my beads or glass tiles, and would like to be featured in my website as a guest artist, please email me at cec235@hotmail.com.

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Little House Gods....

Welcome to Glass & Light. If we haven't met before, you can visit my "other blog" (see link on the right) for a more personal view into my soul.

I'm now the proud owner of several house gods, although owner might not be the right word - perhaps it should be "protectee." These are my first off-mandrel creations. I made them with boro glass and they have plenty of bling and a lot of charm. Much easier to care for and quieter than Spike and Buffy, our beloved yard dogs, who do tend to bark at night sometimes.

Meet Bear-Dog, family protector:

and the Striped Stallion, house god of creativity and passion:



And here is poor Curly-tailed Aardvark. I accidently snapped his tail off (ouch!) and while I'll try to repair him (whence he might become a curly-butt Aardvark!), reintroduction into the flame is tricky even for house gods like him, and he might explode.


Bear-dog and Striped Stallion are looking for a new home (Aarvark is simply looking for a new tail!). Click on my link on the right "Shop for Lampwork Beads" to find them.

Tip for Lampworking Artists:
Interested in learning to make animal figurines in the flame? I can highly recommend Pipyr's tutorials, which you can find here her Etsy store.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, all comments welcome!

Did you know I recycle?

I reuse shipping and packing materials whenever possible. If relevant, your package will include a note to let you know how I conserved resources when packing up your purchase.

I've been featured on....