Have you made something with my beads??

If you're a crafter or artist and have created something unique with my beads or glass tiles, and would like to be featured in my website as a guest artist, please email me at cec235@hotmail.com.

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Mandalas for your spirit

Welcome to Glass & Light, Israel. If we haven't met before, you can visit my "other blog" (see link on the right) for a more personal view into my soul.

I find making mandalas a very spiritual quest, and often lose track of time while preparing them - it's very absorbing. I'd like to share some of them here on my website; some are for sale and some were private commissions and by definition, for sale only to the clients who requested them.

The mandala on the right, is called "Israeli summer." I made this, really, to show off the pottery shards that I love to collect. When I handle them, I can't but think of all the people in the past 2,000 years who might have used the clay vessel the shards came from. In Israel, these things are laying about pretty much everywhere and I find them very evocative. I made companion piece called "Israeli Winter" which used blues and greens with shards.


I recently created this mandala to commemorate a young woman who died in a freak accident. As I was working, Liat's photo was centered among the pieces of art glass. She was looking directly at the camera when the photo was taken and as I worked, I felt like she was looking straight at me, into my soul. I found myself smiling into her eyes and thinking, yes, between the two of us, we will make something for your parents that they will love. It sounds a little crazy, but aren't all artists a little crazy??





Dancing Water Lilies - Fused mandala within a stained glass mandala

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, all comments welcome!

Did you know I recycle?

I reuse shipping and packing materials whenever possible. If relevant, your package will include a note to let you know how I conserved resources when packing up your purchase.

I've been featured on....