Have you made something with my beads??

If you're a crafter or artist and have created something unique with my beads or glass tiles, and would like to be featured in my website as a guest artist, please email me at cec235@hotmail.com.

Saturday, January 11, 2014

New Project, First Cut!

I've accepted a new project - 3 large windows for a private client depicted the Jewish "7 kinds," or "Shivat HaMinim."  This is biblical agriculture, symbolic of the bounty of the holy land, and they are typical of what is native in the Mediterranean, and we all know that the Mediterranean diet is best, right?  They also happen to be fairly drought resistant, which is a good thing, considering the weather here.  No polar vortex for us, yet.

Getting back to glass, just what are the 7 kinds?  Dates, figs, olives, pomegranates, wheat and barley, and grapes. 

Just to make it crazier, I've given myself a personal challenge to complete a window a week.  If that fails, a window every 2 weeks.  I decided that I'd work on a third of each window at a time.  Yesterday I started cutting glass......

Here is the pattern for the first third, with the glass I picked out.


And here is the first group of glass from this pattern that I cut.... after grinding and washing, before foiling...

 

 

And here are those same pieces, ready to solder....
 
 
And here, tah dah.... is the finished third, date palms!


Tomorrow, I start the figs.... watch this space!

1 comment:

Arthienterprises said...

Thank you for sharing this post.I hope you will post again soon.Kind regard Glass protection net india

Post a Comment

Hi, all comments welcome!

Did you know I recycle?

I reuse shipping and packing materials whenever possible. If relevant, your package will include a note to let you know how I conserved resources when packing up your purchase.

I've been featured on....