Have you made something with my beads??

If you're a crafter or artist and have created something unique with my beads or glass tiles, and would like to be featured in my website as a guest artist, please email me at cec235@hotmail.com.

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Changes, Risk, and Reward....

About three weeks ago, I moved back to America.


There, I've said it. It's true.  Everything is changing - my life is changing, my business is changing, and my relationships with the people most important to me, my friends and family, are changing rapidly.

The name of my new business is Wild Roses Glass Art Studio and Gallery, and I'm now located in the beautiful town of Long Beach, Washington.  That's Washington state, on the west coast.  Where it "rains all the time."

Today I took the bus down to Astoria in Oregon - yes, I crossed state borders! - and took photos of Ilwaco, WA (where I had to switch buses) and one photo of Astoria, OR (where I ran errands).  All in the rain, so you can see how terrible the weather is up here.

This is the lovely Ilwaco Port. It's very quiet most of the year, and will open with a bang this weekend with some kind of parade and blessings for the fishing fleet.






 And here are some signs from Ilwaco Port:

Last day for this one:






And this is a sign you might only see in Colorado and Washington state:


This one you might only see in a Port village:



And finally, here's the road home:


My studio is somewhere floating over the seas, in a container.  I won't be doing glass work until July, most likely.  But I'll continue to update my blog with local photos as I get to know the area.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, all comments welcome!

Did you know I recycle?

I reuse shipping and packing materials whenever possible. If relevant, your package will include a note to let you know how I conserved resources when packing up your purchase.

I've been featured on....